The gaming industry has seen unprecedented growth over the years, with the surge being particularly noteworthy over the last decade or so. Currently valued at $173 billion, it is expected to surpass the $300 billion mark five years down the line. This boom can be attributed to new players who have forayed into the market, especially mobile platforms. This has made gaming a more practical and easily accessible experience for the estimated 22.6 billion gamers worldwide.
However, contrary to popular belief, most people are not on crypto gambling sites primarily for the sake of having fun. It has not escaped players’ notice that their investments in virtual experiences are hardly yielding any concrete output, monetarily speaking. No wonder this urged them to look for ways to monetize their hobby. That said, the world of eSports is the only opportunity for casual players to make some money through gaming; beyond this arena, there is not much on offer in terms of gambling with cryptocurrencies.
The rise of games such as CS:GO, DOTA2, Dice, etc. across crypto gambling sites has taken the gaming industry by revolution! This is mainly because the financial decision-making onus is now on the players and not the developers. One of the latest trends that have been a game-changer (pun intended!) in this sector is play-to-earn (P2E) crypto gaming. Before delving deeper into the details, let’s understand the basic concepts of bitcoin games in the gambling world.
What are blockchain games?
A form of ledger technology, blockchain functions as a recording and storing system for information. The best part is, it cannot be hacked, tampered with or altered in any manner. Only the transaction history of the network is available. Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum are powered by blockchain, opening doors to a plethora of opportunities across virtual economies. Game developers have certainly left no stones unturned to tap into this potential.
Usually, most crypto casino games including the likes of LOL, DOTA2, Arcade, CS:GO etc. are accompanied by marketplaces that allow users to purchase and exchange items such as weapons, avatars, and loot boxes. However, they might not own any of it, even if they pay real money for it. Wondering why? Well, most of gaming history has developers following a centralized model. This implies that they have had complete control over game dynamics, be it the storyline or the game assets collected by players.
Since all of it is owned by one entity, players playing on an online crypto casino hardly have any ownership of their accounts and items. This model also comes with its own limitations, including a lack of transparency and potential when it comes to manipulating the game mechanics. It was blockchain that first introduced a decentralized and fair virtual market, where players at online casinos can enjoy a fair say since this setup does not give total control over the entire gaming experience to gaming companies alone. It is also interesting to note that the potential of blockchain in cryptocurrency gaming is not confined to simply powering virtual economies, but is extended to the following areas:
- Real ownership: blockchain-based crypto casino games facilitate players to have full control and actual ownership over their in-game assets. These assets are typically in the form of unique non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Metaverses and interoperability:players at bitcoin gambling sites can trade in-game assets blockchain tokens across different game markets hosted on the blockchain, by linking these tokens.
- Fair experience: Blockchain aids the creation of open, distributed, and transparent ecosystems. The charge of gaming dynamics lies in the hands of the players and not the gaming companies, and gamers can also vote in favour of changes. This also ensures that cheaters are not able to ruin the experience.
- Boundless creativity: When a game runs on a centralized server, the developers can choose to shut it down at any point. Thanks to blockchain, players can continue playing a game even if the developers are no longer in the picture. What’s more, they can also organically grow games with new narratives and assets.
Top Blockchain Games of 2022
Let us have a look at the top 8 blockchain games that will rule in 2022:
- Axie Infinity: undoubtedly the best of the lot, Axie Infinity has catapulted NFTs to a different height altogether. Often described as a Pokemon-like experience, this game is centred around the buying, enhancing and breeding of Axies amongst players. Besides, players can also use them to battle other players or teams in seasonal tournaments. What gives it an edge over other gaming platforms is its booming virtual economy, where in-game tokens- Smooth Love Potion (SLP) and Axie Infinity Shard (AXS) witness humongous profits. While it enjoys significant popularity in many countries, some such as the Philippines, have also seen players starting it as a side hustle and then going on to making it a full-time occupation.
- Blankos Block Party: with Blankos, Mythical Games made a foray into the crypto gaming market. In this game, players can create their own colourful characters in the form of digital vinyl toys, focusing on customized designs. Users can also build and explore virtual worlds where they can collect unique ‘Blankos’, join quests and be a part of team games (“Block Parties”).
- Upland: with this blockchain-based game, users can buy, sell and trade virtual land mapped to the real world. It is centred around “digital landlords” building properties and earning UPX coins. Having mapped the cities of New York and San Francisco, this game allows players to buy virtual properties for sale linked to real-life addresses in these cities. Recently, the game incorporated a Property-to-USD beta program with which players can sell properties for some real Benjamins.
- Mobox: this free-to-play option brings together gaming with decentralized finance (DeFi) and runs on the Binance Smart Chain. According to the developers of Mobox, this approach will bring gaming closer to GameFi as a platform, allowing players and investors to access games from different blockchains in one single place. The main objective of the game is to let players participate in NFT games freely and earn money by playing. Currently, you can enjoy three games on the platform, while two more are expected to be announced soon.
- Lightnite: usually defined as a Fortnite-like battle royale game, Lightnite is an online multiplayer game that rewards players with Bitcoin for shooting other players. Microtransactions are fully powered by the Lightning Network. The more players you shoot, the higher are your chances of earning more Bitcoin. On the other hand, if you get shot, you will be penalized, and you will lose Bitcoins. All in-game assets of the game can be tokenized and exchanged through an NFT marketplace: the Elixir Marketplace platform.
- Gods Unchained: Amongst the many games that are inspired by Magic: The Gathering, this game has users building decks and playing cards to fight and defeat opponents. Being a blockchain-based game, this one allows the players to completely own the cards they win and sell/trade them as they please. Some cards can be extremely rare, just as it is with physical collectible card games. These can be valued in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. However, if you are a skeptical player who’s not keen to go all-in, you can go for the free-to-play option.
- CryptoKitties: this is often touted as one of the first games that brought to notice the potential of blockchain gaming and also unleashed ample opportunities for the crypto-collectibles market. As popular as ever, CryptoKitties is centred around the buying, breeding, and trading of adorable cartoon-like cats with varying levels of rarity. A simplistic yet very addictive game, CryptoKitties might also burn a hole in your pocket, thanks to the high Ether costs involved in the buying and breeding of new kittens.
- Splinterlands: reminiscent of Pokemon, Yugo-oh and Magic, this game is the perfect example of a card fighter experience with a player-driven economy. Simple and easy to learn, this game allows you to purchase new cards through the official in-game shop or the marketplace. Note that all cards and packs have real value and can be freely traded.
Why Crypto Games?
It should hardly come as a surprise that players want to monetize their gaming skills and the screen-time they spend, and this is where blockchain games and crypto gambling sites step in. Cryptocurrency games are not only a great means to make money in a transparent and fair virtual economy, they also give you real ownership of game assets. You can contribute to a community-driven ecosystem and have an actual say on game-related decisions and thus effectively become a stakeholder. All this was merely a dream in the case of traditional centralized gaming. As more and more crypto casino games continue to make their presence felt, players have a higher incentive to partake in fairer and transparent virtual experiences.
Why BTC365 Is Your Go-To Crypto Casino
BTC365 offers a host of original crypto casino games like LOL, DOTA 2, CS:GO, FIFA, VALORANT, and more to guarantee a thrilling experience to the bettors. Besides, you can take your pick from over 150 different live table games and enjoy the flexibility of betting at multiple tables simultaneously. What’s more, BTC365 offers more than 600 slot games, which means it has something for everyone!
BTC365 is the only dual sportsbook platform that provides sports betting odds for over 70,000 matches monthly for sports like soccer, basketball, lawn-tennis, table-tennis, boxing, baseball, etc. It’s also the first dual esports provider that covers over 35,000 Esports matches monthly.
Register today to discover an unparalleled online gambling experience,bonuses and promotions, and much more!